NEURONS online safety agreement
Last updated: August 10, 2020
20Twenty Productions, the producers of Neurons, understands the importance of children being able to use the internet for education and personal development. This includes social media platforms, games, apps and Neurons itself. Our team aim to support children and young people in making use of these within our work. However, we also recognise that safeguards need to be in place to ensure children are kept safe at all times. This agreement also links with our Behaviour Guidelines for working with Children and Young People policy, along with our overarching Online Child Protection Policy. If you would like to know more about any of these, please contact Katherine Nightingale on 01354 652769. More information about online safety is available from the NSPCC.
To the young person
Please read the following agreement and discuss it with your parents/carers.
Please read and discuss this agreement with your child. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Katherine Nightingale on 01354 652769.
Young person's agreement
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when accessing any Neurons activity. This includes the resources I access and the language I use.
- I will contribute to a kind, safe and respectful space to share and enjoy any activity
- I will not participate in any abusive, racist, sexist, misogynist, ableist, classist, sizeist, ageist, homophobic or transphobic behaviour in line with 20Twenty’s code of conduct
- I will not send anyone material that could be considered threatening, bullying, offensive or illegal.
- I will not give out any personal information online, such as my name, phone number or address.
- I will ensure only my first name is visible to others when taking part in online sessions.
- I will not take photos or screenshots of other participants.
- I will not include any personally identifiable information in my background if I participate in any webinars.
- I understand that I can switch my video and audio on or off at any time during online activities.
- I understand that I won’t be able to send direct messages to other members during webinars
- Any comments posted in the creative community will be seen by other members
- I understand that content shared within the creative community, excluding any personally identifiable information, may be shared with other members or on 20Twenty Productions social media.
- I will not share my password or login information with any third party.
- I will not arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone I meet online unless I have discussed this with my parents and am accompanied by a trusted adult.
I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if I choose not to follow them, 20Twenty Productions may contact my parents/carers and my Neurons membership may be terminated without refund.